Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Easy Holiday Treat

For better or worse, my household growing up was very much devoid of home-baked treats. Now, I love my Mother dearly and she is good at many things, but I'm sorry Mom, you'll agree to this as much I would, you're not a baker*. 

*For the record, this statement has no implication on her other skills in the kitchen as she is an excellent cook and never failed to give her family a home-cooked meal every night.

Because of this predicament throughout my childhood, I relied heavily on other Moms at my dance studio for sweet treats. Every year when the holiday season rolled around, they would never disappoint. One treat in particular was always my favorite - reindeer feed. You might recognize this goody as "Puppy Chow", "Muddie Buddies", or even "Reindeer POOP," but regardless of what you call it, it's just as tasty (well, except maybe that last name... that grosses me out a little). 

So channel your inner child and make a simple holiday treat that pleases every palette! This recipe is super easy too and it ironically doesn't entail any baking. So even you can do it, Mom! :)



I even got a little creative and packed some up for neighbors using this easy Martha Stewart goodie bag kit from my local Michaels. Thanks Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment