Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Perfect Fall Treat

I think I’ve bookmarked, pinned, and emailed myself over 30 different pumpkin recipes this fall and that number just keeps on growing by the day. With all these choices and a limited amount of time and energy, it’s easy for a gal to get overwhelmed with which ones to actually make (ohhh, the lives we lead…), but I may have a solution for you! In less than 25 minutes (and that’s including 20 minutes of down time), I whipped up a batch of pumpkin spice syrup over the weekend which has instantly turned a few of my everyday snacks into delightful fall treats. You don't have to choose what recipe to make now, just make everything into a pin-worthy pumpkin pleasure!


The combinations are endless! Here's the mix:

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup 

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp all-spice
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the temperature and simmer for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment