Sunday, October 9, 2011

Update: Sunday Football Recipes

About four weeks ago, I posted about one of the many wonderful things that fall brings me, something that you can't find in any other part of the year. No, I'm not talking about Pumpkin Spice Lattes, I'm taking about Sunday NFL. And when I say wonderful, I'm really meaning horribly annoying.

Every Sunday in the fall, my boyfriend becomes a slave to fantasy football via the "Red Zone" (if you don't know what that is, consider yourself lucky) and during those days I may as well be living with a deaf and mute. To figure out a way to get myself more involved with the whole Sunday-football-watching-while-not-doing-anything-else "activity," I decided to gear it more towards my interests - cooking! Every Sunday, Nick and I have conquered a football-friendly recipe that we eat while catching the tail end of the afternoon games. In the first post, I conquered dragon-breath chili and in the weeks after that, I made a smorgasbord of sliders, a buffalo chicken sandwich, a version of buckeyes (I had to squeeze a sweet one in there!), and tonight I made the quintessential "man's meal" - steak and potatoes.

First, here's a quick recap of the meals I didn't post.


So, I didn't literally make "steak and potatoes," but rather an open-faced steak sandwich with potato leek soup. The soup turned out amazing and the steak sandwich was pretty good too.


Here's are some of the recipes if you're interested:

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Super easy and super tasty! It's baked in the oven so it's not that unhealthy either!
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pumpkins: Watch out! So good but seriously addicting!
Steak Sandwich and Potato Soup: Like I said, the potato soup was definitely worth it, but I'd pass on the sandwich.

There was no recipe associated with the sliders but let me know if you'd like more information about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment