Monday, May 30, 2011

Simple Beauty

I took this picture a couple months ago.


I took it on a usual workday morning composed of rushing around to make coffee, eat some Greek yogurt, and get together my lunch. Something out of the blue inspired me to gather our kitchen island flowers and photograph them on our glass covered banquette. It turned out to be a beautiful photograph and I've been meaning to make a little "series" out of it ever since. The pictures are very simply composed and any photographer could take these with ease, but something about it speaks to me. With time on my side this weekend, I bought a few flowers from Publix today and filled out my "Flowers Series." Here are a few of my favorites:



3 comments:

  1. Neat!!! I want a mirror larger enough to do that with my body. Why it would be on the floor for me to be able to sit on is beyond me, but I still want it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea! I love all the different colors and textures of the flowers. Ahhh, summmer...

    http://casualandclueless.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so pretty and what a creative and fun way to photograph these beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete