Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Your Go-To App (not for your phone)

As we all grow up and mature in this adult world, we inevitably pick up tricks to make life flow more seamlessly. I like to think of these tricks as "tools of the trade" to being a put-together, flawless woman. Some examples that come to mind are the ability to throw together a dinner party at a moment's notice, always having that LBD available to come to your rescue in a fashion crisis, making sure a bottle of wine is always on hand for entertaining or last minute gift giving, and the list goes on and on. I am by no means an expert when comes to knowing these "tools of the trade" but after stealing a recipe from my Mom a few months back, I can now cross one more item off this list - having a standby party appetizer to make.

This skill was important to me because I always hated the process of deciding what appetizer to bring to a party - hot or cold, dip or spread, meat or no meat. Having this recipe doesn't mean I'll be bringing it to every single dinner party here on out, it's just for those times when you may not have the time or energy to think about another option.

The appetizer is crab dip with a Parmesan and almond topping. What I like about this recipe is that it has very few ingredients to remember, is pretty standard with a small twist (the crab, not many people use it as an ingredient), and it can be served hot or at room temperature. Feel free to steal this recipe to add to your own "flawless woman" list or let us know if you already have one in the comments!

Ingredients

Directions

The details:
1 onion
2 standard size blocks of cream cheese
2 standard size cans of crab meat
Grated Parmesan cheese
Sliced Almonds (1 of the smaller bags should do the trick)
Red Pepper - I never measure this myself, but start with 1/2 teaspoon and go from there. You can't ruin the recipe with the red pepper, you just might make it too hot. Feel free to taste it as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment