Saturday, December 17, 2011

Not a Peplum Dress

Dress from American Apparel; Shoes from Madden Girl; Jacket from Nordstrom (many moons ago); Necklace from Stella and Dot; Bracelets from Arden B and Handmade

We have our first (and only, I think) dressy holiday party tonight. All season long I kept my eye out for one of those completely unnecessary holiday outfit purchases. You know, like that sequined feathery Peplum dress that resides in the back of your closet since the last time it saw daylight three Christmas' ago? Yea, something like that. But, probably for the best, nothing presented itself to me.

So tonight, while staring at my closet and getting more frustrated by the minute, I finally decided on this black turtleneck dress. This gal has been with me for four years and, as long as my body will squeeze into it, it'll be with me for many more. I've it dressed up in a number of ways - flashy with silver; mod with more black; and classic with ivory and pearls - and it never gets old. I simply love this gal.

She beats feathers and sequins any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment