Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mixed Prints

Shirt - H&M; Skirt - Kimchi Blue via Urban Outfitters; Shoes - Nine West; Necklace - Stella & Dot; Clutch - Cole Haan via TJMaxx

I wore my "Mixed Prints" outfit last Saturday for a fun night out on the town with family. It was a good mix of people to try the ensemble out on; Nick, my Mom, Dad, brother, brother's girlfriend, and cousin. Between them all we had a wide variety of fashion skills (and maybe "skills" is too kind a word... Andy!) and styles.

So here was the feedback:

Nick - It wasn't "loud" enough.
Mom - Didn't like it.
Dad - Didn't like it and was a little puzzled that I thought it would look good.
Brother/Andy - No comment.
Brother's Girlfriend/Maria - Liked it (but I don't think she had the heart to tell me otherwise).
Cousin/Susie - Liked it (and she was wearing mixed prints herself that night!)


So, what do YOU all think?!? Do I have any mixing print pros out there that would like to lend some advice? I felt like the outfit looked like I was trying too hard to mix prints, so I subsequently wasn't crazy about the result. I didn't hate it but I wasn't sure if I liked it either.

P.S. SO much thanks to Katie who gave me a shout out on her blog, Glass of Fashion. Thanks, Katie! That really means a lot!

Everybody, Everywear | Pattern Mixing

No comments:

Post a Comment